Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby Gore's first photo

Ok so here is our first ultrasound picture!! Yes I know it is tiny. It looks like a little lima bean in there. But remember... it's only 8 weeks and 1 day old. We (ok...I) had a little freak out today. I was at work and suddenly got some severe abdominal cramping. I called the midwife to ask her some questions and make sure that things were ok, and she suggested I come in and they do an ultrasound. They wanted to be sure that everything was ok. Due to the fact that I was only 8 weeks and having severe pains, they wanted to check and make sure it wasn't an eptopic pregnancy. Everything went well and momma and baby are doing just fine! The doctor just thinks that uterus is stretching and causing some pain I am not used to. They said it's normal for first time moms to worry, and it's a good thing I came in.

We did hear the heart beat as well. It was amazing and I could not look at Dexter because I would cry. After the doctor walked out of the room and Dexter showed me the picture I did lose it and cry! It was, and still is, amazing to us. We never thought this unexpected surprise would bring us so much happiness and joy and love.

We want to thank all of you who sent us your love and prayers. We are really feeling it for sure. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I need to go lay down, but as soon as I am feeling better I will blog a little more about the past 3 weeks since we found out and how I am feeling.

We love you all so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you amber and dexter love
take care of yourself love mother teresa

HebertFam3 said...

Yay! the first ultrasound and hearing that heartbeat is just the greatest feeling huh? It makes the morning sickness and aches and pains worth it...Just wait until you can feel Baby Gore moving! amazing!!

Jody said...

ohhhhh how cute... I can't wait for you to feel better and enjoy the good pregnant stuff :) like cravings! have fun with that...