Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes the rumors are true...


WE ARE EXPECTING!! No- we weren't trying and yes this is a HUGE surprise to us!! We knew that the birth control I was taking was not very effective, and it was limited to what I could take. So while we weren't planning, we were prepared. I, for one, feel so blessed. I am nervous because I have had problems and complications in the past with estrogen levels effecting me. I am just praying that God keeps both me and our baby healthy. Right now I am overjoyed and very much excited. Extremely nervous, as this is our first one, and wishing more than ever that my mom was here. All her threats of "someday I hope you havea kid JUST like you..." will soon be coming true. I came home from work yesterday, and I just felt like there was something missing. Something was off... but I couldn't put my finger on it. I had been feeling sick and nasaeus the last few weeks. I thought it was because I was in the middle of a 3 week detox kit. I quit taking it and was still getting the same symptoms. When I came home from work I decided to take the pregnancy test just to make sure that wasn't what was going on. In all honesty, I thought it would be an eliminator for me. When I looked down at the stick I about threw up when all I saw was the word pregnant, not NOT pregnant. I started shaking it and saying where is teh word not?? I can't be pregnant!! I was shaking and felt butterflies and thought... OH NO! WHAT WILL I TELL DEXTER!? Luckily I have the coolest husband in the world and he hugged me and was so excited. It wasn't till I told him that I shed my tears of joy and realized what just happened. We went to the BX and took another one just to be sure... when it came out positive again we knew. We went to the Dr.'s this morning and found out we are 5 weeks today, and due September 23rd... the day before my dad's birthday! We will keep you all updated as this progresses! Please keep us in your prayers. We love you!




~Dexter, Amber and Baby!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!
I got a new blog for my (soon-to-be) art gallery.
... Just so you're not confused on who this is.

I am so so SO excited and happy for you!! Amber- I hope 'baby' ends up being exactly like you-- a beautiful, smart, loving and compassionate person.

xoxo

Steph

Jody Cooper Photography said...

Yeahhhhhh I am so honored Amber to be one of the first people who knew! :) I love you both, and I am so excited! We can do all kinds of sessions... Maternity, Newborn.. so on and so forth!

Anonymous said...

OH!! MY!! GOSH !! YOU GUYS!! Can you tell I am excited? Not only because you are an awesome couple and this baby will be beautiful, but because you are making my wonderful friends Dan and Karen grandparents. Great times ahead...take care, stay healthy and look always to the Lord in the months ahead. Love you guys!

Susanne (and Cary too!)

HebertFam3 said...

congratulations, and welcome to the club! :) Hope the morning sickness isn't getting to you too much. It sucks, but it's worth it in the end. :)