Saturday, January 10, 2009

A tribute to my mom!

As you may know... my amazing mother turned 50 this year on New Year's eve. While we were all home this year for Christmas we threw her a surprise birthday party. We had a Murder Mystery Party. It was so much fun and thank you to all of you who participated in it! I was surprised how into their characters everyone got. My mom figured we were doing something with the family, but had no clue all her friends and family would be there too. We started the morning going to church as a family and then out to breakfast. As a distraction Dan took her to Costco to return some items. While all us kids went back home to decorate and set up. The theme was "Murder in Sin City", so I went to Party City and got Vegas themed decorations. When she got home to see all of us dressed up in the kitchen she was shocked! On her bed was an outfit we had planned for her. She went in and changed, came out, and the game began! Here are some pictures of the Birthday Girl at the party!

We had everyone bring a bottle of wine for her to help fill up her cellar! I love this picture of her! She is so adorable!
I love this picture, because I think of all the things my parents have ever done for me and my siblings, and the rough year they had last year trying to finish their house, all the stress I personally put on them having my wedding there, and of course Dan's heart attack. But when I look at this picture, the two of them laughing and smiling and just enjoying life, it makes me feel so blessed to have my parents. I love them so much!

If I were to see this picture and not know that it was my mom, I would not think that she was 50. My mom is probably the prettiest 50 year old I know!


Making her birthday wish!




Blowing out all the candles... I really hope that all your prayers are answered, and your dreams come true!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! We love you now and Always!




























No comments: